圣美老师 - Nancy Spigelmyre
- 曾供职于芝加哥地区的心理治疗中心和诊所从事个人，家庭，婚姻和团体的心理治疗和咨询工作（Genesis Therapy Center, Timberline Knolls Treatment Center, The Marriage Clinic of DuPage)
I grew up in a culture where there has been much stigma around mental health and relationship issues. Until I became more aware of the benefits of counseling, I could not recognize there was so much pain and wounds buried underneath what appeared to be my strong outer self.
My own healing started from the therapist’s work. Being a therapist has led to deeper understanding of pain, brokenness and change. I feel it is such a privilege to be invited and trusted in exploring some of those life challenges with you.
I believe a secure relationship can bring much healing. Healing starts from a safe therapeutic relationship. In therapy, I love to foster strong and trusted connections with clients. Many of my clients have commented that they feel authenticity, compassion and cared for the therapy sessions with me.
I specialized in working with individuals dealing with mood disorders, attachment issues, identity struggles, and trauma. I am also passionate about working with individuals and couples experiencing relationship distress and parenting issues. Being in cross-culture marriage of my own for 13 years, I have developed greater understanding and empathy for those in cross-culture marriages. Also, as a mom of three growing children with different strengths and challenges has made me more empathetic to those who struggle with parenting issues themselves.
- Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Wheaton College
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in the State of Illinois
- Provided counseling services at residential facility work with individuals deal with eating disorder, addiction and various mental health issues
- Using EFT (Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy) approach provided couples therapy in The Marriage Clinic based in Chicago area
- EFT (Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy) externship 2016 and Core Skill training
- Trauma Profession Certificate